Alissa Weber is the Executive Director of the Wauwatosa Historical Society, and is the featured singer on one of our new jingles. In her free time, she is a proud Wauwatosa mom of two and a vocalist for the J. Ryan Trio & Milwaukee Blues Rock Collective. All of J. Ryan Trio’s proceeds are given to local charities. Alissa was honored to be a part of WaterStone Bank’s new jingle!
The Wauwatosa Historical Society (WHS) has been a customer of WaterStone Bank since 1981. The organization supports, encourages and provides historical education and preservation for the Wauwatosa community. WHS is a nonprofit educational organization committed to researching the history of Wauwatosa, and to collecting, preserving and exhibiting objects and documents from it’s past.
The society was established in 1977 with 25 charter members. The WHS owns and operates the Kneeland-Walker Museum and Preservation Center at 7406 Hillcrest Drive in Wauwatosa. The Queen Anne house was built in 1890 and sits on 1.5 acres of land, the largest remaining residential lot in Wauwatosa. The society purchased the buildings and grounds from the estate of Constance Walker in 1987. The property is a designated landmark of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee County and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Little Red Store has housed and outlived many of the trades that were responsible for Wauwatosa’s earliest commercial history. A survivor of the devastating 1895 fire in the village that destroyed most of the buildings north of the river, the Little Red Store stands alone as the oldest remaining commercial building in the city. The store was named a City of Wauwatosa landmark in 1978, and is operated by the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
The organization’s goal is to continue its mission and continue to host fundraisers supporting the community’s history and future.