Your relationship with your bank isn’t so different from the other relationships in your life—and despite our best efforts, some relationships must ultimately come to an end.
A break-up with your bank doesn’t usually happen out of the blue. It might start with a small frustration—why aren’t there any ATMs nearby? Why is it so hard to get ahold of customer service?—and then escalate as your frustrations continue to mount. But you don’t have to stick with a bank that doesn’t meet your needs; you should feel empowered to switch banks if your current bank isn’t giving you everything you need.
Wondering whether it’s time to call it quits with your bank? If you’re facing any of these issues, it may be time to move on:
- High fees. If you’re paying an arm and a leg in annual fees, it never hurts to shop around for a better deal.
- A lack of products that fit your lifestyle. Sometimes, a simple checking and savings account don’t cut it. If you’re an entrepreneur and your bank doesn’t offer products for small business owners, for example, search for a bank that can provide all the products and services you need under one roof.
- Poor service. It’s simple: You deserve attentive customer service with a personal touch. If the customer service is lacking at your current bank, it’s time to call it quits.
Luckily, switching banks doesn’t have to be a painful process. Follow three simple steps for a seamless transition:
- Open your new bank account.
- Transfer your money and update your automatic payments and deposits. Many banks go the extra mile to make this step painless for customers. At WaterStone bank, our QuickSwitch forms help you cover all your bases, so you won’t miss a single paycheck or utility payment after you finalize the switch.
- Close your old account. Just make sure any outstanding checks or transactions have cleared before you take the final plunge.
Thinking of switching to WaterStone Bank? Give us a call at 414.761.1000 (toll-free at 888.686.7272) or visit your nearest branch to meet with a representative who can help you create a personalized banking solution to achieve all your financial goals.